promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Blog Stats

832Total Entries
125Total Comments

Search Blogs

Feed Recent Blog Entries
PreviousNext
Absent by jnbrownlee on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:02 am
I haven't been here for awhile. I knew writing every day or even week was going to be tough for me. I've been working on a watercolor of red and white poppies. It is going well. I thought I was more of an abstract/impressionistic painter, but I seem to like painting realism with lots of depth and color. This suprises me, because usually I think, "Well if you want to make it look just like it is then take a photo." I admire the skill of painters who can actually make it look like a photo, I just didn't think I would go in that direction. Recently I've applied to teach a 5th grade class on the Apache Reservation. It means a big move, getting rid of a lot of extra stuff, and rebalancing myself in new surroundings. I feel excited and wary. I think it would be fun/interesting/exciting to paint the indian children. They have beautiful skin and eyes. Anyway, that is all I have for now. I wil try to get back to this sooner next time.

1 Comment Viewed 2273 times
Tutorial 3d Madrid y Animaciones Rendering 3D Barcelona estudio by Anonymous on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 am
3D - Tutorial 3D Studio España
Yantram 3D Architectural Studio Animaciones experto en Interior representación y la representación exterior de Australia. Diseñamos calidad HD, visualización fotorrealista para edificio comercial, oficina, tienda, centro comercial, centro residencial, Villa, Hotel de fachadas, etc .., Plano. Nuestros diseñadores - Artiest renders virtuales de modelado 3D de archivos CAD, bocetos o fotografías

Según España Mercado Informe de investigación del IBIS Mundial proporciona un análisis detallado de los servicios de arquitectura en la industria spain, nos encontramos en la parte superior de esta nación hemos hecho obras premiadas en nuestros últimos proyectos que van Tasmania, Victoria y Nueva Welse Sur y todas las grandes ciudades.

Ofrecemos unas animaciones exclusivas servicios a clientes locales e internacionales de los sectores público, privado y del Medio Ambiente. Tenemos una amplia experiencia en la supervisión de proyectos de construcción y reconstrucció...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 172 times
Artwork by lora_ine on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:57 am
A work of art, artwork, art piece, piece of art or art object is an aesthetic physical item or artistic creation. Apart from "work of art", which may be used of any work regarded as art in its widest sense, including works from literature and music, these terms apply principally to tangible, portable forms of visual art:

An example of fine art, such as a painting or sculpture
An object that has been designed specifically for its aesthetic appeal, such as a piece of jewelry
An object that has been designed for aesthetic appeal as well as functional purpose, as in interior design and much folk art
An object created for principally or entirely functional, religious or other non-aesthetic reasons which has come to be appreciated as art (often later, and/or by cultural outsiders)
A non-ephemeral photograph, film or visual computer program, such as a video game or computer animation
A work of installation art or conceptual art.

I just came through a great website...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 183 times
The Making of "Dance with Me" by Jayne on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm
When Light, Space and Time Gallery announced their 3rd annual "Figurative" competition, I was hesitant to enter. I wasn't sure that anything in my portfolio would fit the criteria, but then I remembered "Dance with Me", which I did in 2010.

I had fallen in love with Jack Vettriano's "Dance me to the End of Love" and set about the task of creating a piece with a similar atmosphere to it, using the 3D graphics programs that I was now working with.

http://artbyjaynewilson.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-making-of-dance-with-me.html

0 Comments Viewed 933 times
thinking about art by omniasvanitas on Tue May 21, 2013 4:37 pm
We are only as intelligent as the last fact that we learn; our best work is always the last one completed. Our experience feeds our expertise just as stagnancy feeds deterioration. In an age where nothing can be completed fast enough, the individual is idolized. We do things in our fashion, on our own time. We forget the implications of our collective community, planet Earth. We pass each other in the grocery, not making eye contact or wishing a pleasant day to passerbys on the sidewalk. This has serious implications to the artist/viewer relationship, namely the disassociation of art and thought. Most art spaces have degraded to relating art and decoration, or art and pleasure/entertainment. Although art should be pleasing, we cannot forsake the message of art because every single piece created is a statement of culture, identity, as well as becoming a public conversation.
It is said that no two humans see any single color in the same way. We call a certain set of wavelength frequencies...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 305 times