A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Blog Stats

737Total Entries
109Total Comments

Search Blogs

Feed Recent Blog Entries
PreviousNext
The New ASC Quarterly Online Juried Competition by Singular on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:36 am
A Singular Creation presents a series of quarterly online juried competitions. These competitions are open to all artists and photographers worldwide, working in any media, excluding video. All styles of art will be accepted. We will award at least $1,500 in cash and prizes for each of the four competitions. All artists' work will become part of our permanent online collection and will be promoted heavily all over the web.

Theme
The theme of this competition is People and Portraits. Contest is open to all media and all styles of art in which the human face is portrayed in any way, or a person (figures included) is represented as a major part of the work.

Eligibility
This competition is open to all artists and photographers worldwide.
All media will be accepted, excluding video.
Open to all subject matter, all themes and all styles of...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 3936 times
communicate a journey by gold on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:35 am
Hi...in my work I like to try and communicate the journey that I have been on, spiritually speaking. I became a christian after a difficult upbringing and love to explore these ideas. I love to use film and comic book imagery

0 Comments Viewed 331 times
The Instagram Manifesto… Nearly Done! by eriksampson24 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:59 pm
Hi and thanks for coming back and checking my blog! I know I’ve been really lazy and not blogging enough… Mea Culpa!

Now… You tell me:

What is growing like a weed (1million new users a day, currently), what has been bought by the 2nd biggest website in the world, what site has grown to 30 million weekly users, and what site also has totally been ignored by marketers till now? Oh and why should you pay attention? Yes, you guessed it — it’s all the same site, Instagram.
EDIT — I’m a DIMWIT The mike was off while recording. I will skip the video this time around and just write what I wanted to say. Sorry.
Here’s the summary:

Instagram is the new “black” of social networks — it is hot, hot, hot.
It’s growing explosively — check this infographic for the details — amazing!
Instagram has been bought by Facebook for a cool $1 **billion** despite having a revenue of exactly $0 per year and no evident business model. Find out why.
Instagram, till Thursday June 21, 12:00 EST, has only been ac...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 178 times
Do artist think the same way like everyone by emmaessien on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:54 am
Everyday i keep playing this track of thought,guess what the thought is,''do artist think the same way like everyone''.The artist mind is a very complex arena.The artist mind is like a castle with plenty of gold and silver within.The artist mind has the ability to generate something unimaginable.The artist to me has the strongest imagination among every normal being.The artist mind makes him view the future in the present.It makes you feel You know what is coming,what to do next,what is wrong,what is right.Sometimes the artist mind predicts the outcome of his work before the artist completes his or her works.The artist mind also has the ability to condemn it own creation.Everyone could admire the artist work,but to the artist it might be his worst piece.This makes an artist unique to me.The social life and interaction of an artist who has strong imagination is affected negatively and positively sometimes.And artist can imagine his or her friends actions,moves,attitude,character,mood,temperament...

[ Continued ]

1 Comment Viewed 1561 times
John A. Barandon by johnwalkeasy on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm
I not sure what this means. Guess I need to find out.

1 Comment Viewed 11759 times