A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My Style
Art Philosophy
A little bit about my work "Beyond Abstract"
Some of my paintings have a specific orientation and others can be hung from any angle as well.
some are an attempt to convey a feeling, or experience that I have lived through.
I work from every angle on a painting like a mystery unfolding in front of me where positive and negative forces are competing for significance, and a balance of line, light, shadow, and color is constantly evolving into something else and hopefully becomes engaging!
As I paint I look for that DELICATE BALANCE BETWEEN JUST ENOUGH INFORMATION AND TOO MUCH one brush stroke too little or one too much can be the difference between compelling artwork and something simply decorative, artwork where a persons own imagination becomes an integral part and the observer has a different experience every time they view it
Allenzart

Blog: View Blog (4)

Archives

- March 2014
Art Talk; mono prints
   Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 am
Honored
   Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:16 am
Love For Sale
   Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:44 am
Byzantine and Christian Museum pledges
   Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 am

Search Blogs

Art Talk; mono prints

Permanent Linkby Allenzart on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 am

Don’t Miss David Shillinglaw’s Mono Print Workshop and Artist Talk tonight Thursday 27th March 6-8PM at the Scream Editions POP UP 20 Fouberts Place near Carnaby street.

The Cosmic Kiosk
Part shantytown souvenir shop, part shamanic medicine temple, The Cosmic Kiosk gestures toward a number of spaces. A place where potted plants rub against framed drawings, rusty tin cans lean up against carefully constructed assemblages. The viewer is invited to get lost amongst the clutter, joining the dots and freely building associations and meaning within the chaos. The collection of objects and images attempt to blend and blur the boundaries between gallery, studio, home and place of worship. The site-specific installation aims to deliberately confuse the focus on where art begins and reality ends.

“In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.”
-Carl Jung

Inspired by a variety of trips to far reaching lands, in particular a Vietnamese inconvenience store located deep in the jungle island of Phu Quoc, and shamanic huts on the river banks of The Gambia, the Cosmic Kiosk mixes objects of material value with objects of pure sentimentality. Highlighting the spirit of an object and celebrating the magic that can be placed or contained within any object or image.
http://www.fadwebsite.com/2014/03/27/ar ... rch-6-8pm/

0 Comments Viewed 1152 times